You need to log-in to post in our forum. We encourage your participation but please keep your comments on topic and friendly.
We recently have experienced this issue on players with embedded OS - when trying to update Player software by Maintenance Job. Summary: Problem 56: Maintenance job failed CURE
Topic: Maintenance job fails "Failed to validate cabinet file"
Maintenance job fails "Failed to validate cabinet file"
on: June 7, 2012, 18:10
Description: The player network failed to execute a maintenance job, because of an error. No future attempts will be made.
Failed to execute a maintenance job Update to 6.0.9, task index 0. The task will not be retried and any subsequent tasks in the job will not be executed.
Failed to execute the "Install Software Update" task.
Failed to validate cabinet file.
WinVerifyTrust("D:\Ftproot\InfoChannel_Player_5_Config_and_DATA\Temp\InfoChannel Player 5\player_remote_update.cab",...) failed with Win32 error 0x800B010A, An internal certificate chaining error has occurred.
Error 380.49: (netclient) An error occurred verifying the Software Update file "player_remote_update.cab". The most likely cause of this error is that the file not a valid Scala Software Update file or has been tampered with.
1. Create a maintenance job in Content Manager
2. Name it "Disable EWF"
3. Make a task by selecting Run Command. Type C:\Tools\DISABLE_EWF_C.CMD, check wait for completion and add 15 seconds to the time to wait.
4. Add a reboot as the next task.
5. Schedule for a ASAP Run
6. Select Players to run this job on
7. Save job
9. Upload a the file called rootsupd.exe
10. Upload the player 6.0.xx update
11. Create another maintenance job name called install player update 6.0.11
12. Select install File as a task, select rootsupd.exe type in “c:\Tools\” as the install directory( make sure you include the end backslash \)
13. Add a run command task c:\Tools\rootsupd.exe /q
14. Add install software update, select the 6.0.11 player update
15. Add a run command “C:\Tools\ENABLE_EWF_C.CMD”
16. Add a reboot
17. Schedule to run ASAP
18. Select players to run this job on
Version: 1.0.34 ; Page loaded in: 0.033 seconds.
We recently have experienced this issue on players with embedded OS - when trying to update Player software by Maintenance Job.
Summary: Problem 56: Maintenance job failed